Tips for a Successful Team Building ActivityJudah Hirsch
Team Building activities are a good way to bond employees with each other and boost office morale. Since the holidays are fast approaching, it’s a good time to schedule team outings and events during this time frame because the calendar is ripe with off days. Kanken No 2 Here are some tips and guidelines to make sure that your next team building activity is a success!
- Get out of the office This is the first rule of any team building activity. fjallraven rucksack Though it might be easier to just do it in a conference room, team building activities will be more effective in places far from the office. This will enable employees to bond on different experiences outside of their daily office routines. Go to the beach, climb a mountain, visit a museum, have a day at the go-cart circuit or even go to the gun range.
- Plan fun activities where everyone can participate One of the primary objectives of any team building exercise is to establish teamwork and chemistry among employees. bottes ugg pour homme No man should be left behind! With this in mind, the activity should be one where everyone would be enthusiastic and eager to participate in. Fjallraven Kanken Big For instance, the HR can’t just insist on an indoor football skirmish when no one in the company is interested in the sport to begin with. Fjallraven Mochilas Baratas Also, activities which are overly physical or tiring can discourage employees with age or health conditions. Thus, it would be a good idea to plan the team building activity which would fit the general consensus.
- Limit Accidents and Liabilities A company once staged a Tug of War activity in order to encourage competitiveness among their employees. Mochilas Kanken Classic The activity was held in the beach, with the use of a big piece of Fisherman’s rope. To make the activity inclusive, both genders were haphazardly mixed per side, based on their body type, in an effort to seemingly balance each side out. Fjallraven Kanken Big It goes without saying that the activity resulted into quite a few accidents: several lost balance and fell face first into the sand, others suffered rope burns, and a few sprained their ankles. To avoid the disastrous example above, conduct the activity in a well-controlled environment, with the proper safeties and precautions. This way, the company can take liabilities and accidents out of the equation. Mochilas Kanken It doesn’t mean that the team building activities have to be boring; but it’s always better to be on the safe side of things.
- Set Goals for the Team Building Other than teamwork, it’s also a good idea to frame the activity so that it focuses on specific goals. Want to instill resourcefulness within the team? Make a Survivor reality type activity to encourage employees to think quickly on their feet. Fjällräven Deutschlands Want to test if employees are adept at company policies? Stage a quiz bee and give out rewards to the highest scorers. By setting specific goals for the team building exercise, the workers are happier and the company gains new skills in the process. Everyone will benefit as a result!
- Be Open to Feedback and Criticisms After the team building exercise, set aside some time for a brief sharing activity where the employees can give their feedback and criticisms.