Food Delivery Options for Impromptu Christmas PartiesJudah Hirsch
According to the English writer, and one of the foremost modernists in the twentieth century, Virginia Woolf,” One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. ” As Filipinos, we know how good food can make or break an otherwise excellent party. No amount of excuses will justify terrible food in a party and no amount of games or prizes can cover-up this shortcoming. ugg australia pas cher Therefore, any party– even an impromptu one– will need to offer excellent food or face the wrath of an expectant and hungry crowd. If faced with a spontaneous Christmas party, the first thing to do is to breathe deeply and slowly with a strong, conscious effort of keeping your composure. Then, decide on two important choices: whether you’ll be having a potluck party where everyone is asked to bring food with them, or whether you’ll just order in the food from reliable and good shops and restaurants. If you will opt to have a potluck party, you’ll have to organize and coordinate with everyone so that no two food will be the same. If you’re getting tired of having the typical food for Christmas parties like the usual spaghetti, pancit, menudo, lumpiang shanghai, fried chicken, and the like, then coordinate the people in such a way that they will buy good food from great establishments. Here are some suggestions of potluck food and where to get them:
- Empanaditas from Lucky 21. These flaky, savory, melt-in-your-mouth appetizer pies are freshly-made daily and can be picked-up at 21 k-3rd Street in Kamuning, Quezon City with telephone numbers 922-9605 or 926-0142. They are open from 6am – 8pm from Monday to Saturday and 6am – 6:30pm on Sundays.
- Mini Mushroom and Sour Cream Quiche from Simply Pie. These little pieces of buttery- savory pies can be another option for appetizers. You can also try their other quiche flavors like gruyere and bacon, gruyere and spinach, feta, or sundried tomato. nike tn Call 341-2238 or text 0922-882-2194 for orders.
- The Slow Roasted Beef Belly from El Cirkulo is a great main dish for the party. Everyone will surely be impressed with this platter of tender, thick-sliced beef cooked with grilled tomato, black mushrooms, and zucchini. Orders can be placed via their 810-8735 number and may be picked-up at Milky Way Building, 900 Pasay Road, Makati City.
- The Chicken Galantina from Galantina de Manila is another main dish suggestion. This improved version of the traditional Chicken Galantina offers stuffing of lean ground pork, premium chorizo de Bilbao, carrots, green peas, raisins, cheese, chunks of chicken thigh fillet and strips of bacon for better flavor. Orders are packed in disposable aluminum pan, steamed for an hour, and served with raspberry sauce to give the dish a fruity and tart counterpoint. Call 9618682 at least three days in advance, look for Dorothy Ferreria, and when the order’s ready, pick it up in Panay Avenue, Quezon City.
- Assorted Ham from Assorted Holiday Ham. nike homme solde Since a Christmas feast is not complete without ham, why not choose a special ham this year? Choose from four delectable varieties: Chinese-style Leg of Ham, an extra-juicy tender meat ham with the right sweet-salty-sour combination; the Chicken Ham which is a complete meal by itself because of its stuffing composed of glutinous rice, mushroom, pork, Chines chorizo, hibi or local dried shrimp, and chestnuts; the Chinese-style Boneless Ham which can be served as a filling for sandwiches or as topping for French bread because of its saltiness; and the American Ham which has been honey-cured with special herbs and spices to give it a golden brown glaze. Place your order via 7402024, 5144448, 7434238, or 0917-8448160 and pick-up your order at #87 Kanlaon St. adidas zx flux cor. bottes timberland pas cher Ma. Clara St., Sta. chaussures adidas Mesa Heights, Quezon City.
- Baked Salmon from Conti’s is a healthy option that you will love. The soft, well-seasoned fish topped with buttered vegetables of this classic seafood platter is a crowd-pleaser. Order at least a day before in any Conti’s branch.
- English Steak and Mushroom Pie or Baked Salmon from Delice Private Catering. adidas chaussures Allow for a not-so-common main dish in your party feast and have some English Steak and Mushroom Pie which is a steak pie that is beef braised in Cervesa Negra, blended with vintage cheddar, mozzarella, Portobello mushroom, and then covered with homemade puff pastry. For a “milder” option, the Baked Salmon, or gratin au saumon, offers a Norwegian salmon topped with creamy rich béchamel sauce and then baked to perfection and comes with buttered baby potatoes. Call the numbers 0949-9016263 or 6979133 at least five days before pick-up and get your orders in a pickup point in either Tiendesitas in Pasig City or Trinoma in Quezon City.
- Precious Moments Cupcakes from Precious Moments Teahouse and Restaurant. These big, delicious cupcakes will surely be a pleasant dessert surprise for everyone. Each cupcake has a distinct, enjoyable taste that will surely be a hit to the party. Available in Red Velvet (bestseller!), Black Forest, Orange, Cookies and Cream, Carrot, and Choco Moist flavors, these cupcakes can be bought at the Precious Moments Teahouse and Restaurant at #95 Senator Gil Puyat Avenue, Palanan, Makati City a few minutes’ walk away from Cash and Carry mall. basket new balance They can be reached at 887-5252 or 387-1092.
- Bibingka from La Tasca. If you want to bring that rich and sweet Pinoy dessert to finish the meal with a Filipino bang, then bring the kakanin goodness of La Tasca’s Bibingka to the party. soldes timberland Place your order at least a day before the pick-up date and get your bibingka at 5616 Don Pedro, Makati City. You may contact them at 896-5543, 897-9872, or 897-6056 for your orders and other queries. adidas yeezy boost If going to different pick-up points is not everybody’s thing, then just pick-up your phone and go ahead and order your party feast. There are many establishments that you can choose from but let me offer some suggestions to make your party more memorable and special minus the hassle.
- Pansit Bagnet from either Brgy. Bagnet or Aling Banang restaurant. Your usual pancit is made more exciting and delicious with chunks of crispy and juicy pork bagnet. Brgy. nike air max tavas Bagnet can be reached at 441-1773 through the Pino Group of Restaurants or at their SM Foodcourt branches in SM North Edsa and SM Megamall. The affordable and delicious Pansit Bagnet of the Aling Banang restaurants can be bought in their branches in Dona Anita Building, E Rodriguez Avenue, New Manila, Quezon City; 306 Bonny Serrano Avenue, West Crame, San Juan City; 186 Shaw Boulevard, New Zaniga, Mandaluyong City; Infront Puregold Agora, N. Domingo Street, Greater San Juan, San Juan City; Vito Cruz Extension, Santa Cruz, Makati City; Pureza Street, Santa Mesa, Manila; and on the Ground Floor, Philipine Mental Health Association, East Avenue Corner V. Luna Street, Diliman, Quezon City. Order at least an hour or two before pick-up.
- Pinoy Holiday Feast from Barrio Fiesta. Have A traditional holiday Filipino feast of thick and nutty Kare-Kare, Crispy Pata with soy-vinegar dip, Prawns Thermidor, Roast Pork, creamy Carbonara ala Mateo, and Paella Rice filled with clams, squid, shrimp, mussels, crab and served with a whole milkfish on top. Order at least two days through 7267836 and 5719842.
- Original Pancit Malabon, Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Pichi-Pichi with Cheese, Fried Lumpiang Shanghai from Amber. These food options are Amber’s bestsellers for years. Place your orders at least an hour or two before the party and their riders will surely deliver your food.